Head of Communication, ITV Studios GE & NL
Heb je interesse in deze vacature?
It's a great time to join our team as Global Entertainment, ITVS grows! We continue to look for the best and brightest talents to scale with our growth opportunity.
We’re looking for an ambitious and experienced Comms person with a strong background in media and / or entertainment and a passion for television to join our Global Entertainment Comms team. You will work alongside the Head of Marketing and Head of Strategy to devise and deliver brand campaigns and communications strategies that support GE’s strongest brands like The Voice, Love Island and many others. The role will craft messaging for the marketing & strategy team and executives, manage executive appearances and handle crisis communications.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of issue and crisis management, and have experience in communicating with executives, broadcasters and all different kinds of stakeholders. They can skillfully and thoughtfully craft storylines, turn complex concepts into concise communications, and work with media in the broadcast world. The right candidate is able to remain calm under pressure, make wise decisions and think strategically at all times. They will collaborate well with internal partners ranging from marketing, global productions to internal HR comms and beyond. Strong candidates can handle a variety of projects in a fast-paced work environment and are eager to learn.
WHEN DO YOU SUCCEED?
To succeed in this position you must have:
- An entrepreneurial mindset, given the pace at which we work;
- Be willing to think from first principles, question established wisdom, and work well cross-functionally;
- High standards in everything you do;
- Effective and concise written and oral communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- Hard working, motivated and willing to tackle projects hands-on;
- Be a role model of inclusion and diversity (according to our cultural values);
- The confidence and skills to deal with people at all levels, both internally and externally;
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and remain calm under pressure;
- Love of entertainment and storytelling.
WHO WE ARE
Global Entertainment, ITV Studios (GE) focuses on the international sale and exploitation of formats from the catalog of ITV Studios. This includes The Voice and its multiple spin-offs such as The Voice Kids and The Voice Senior (135 versions in 180 countries). Also the popular Love Island, Hell's Kitchen, I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here, and The Chase. GE is known for its expertise in managing shows that attract large audiences, have great global commercial potential, and monetize content through a variety of ways, including brand licensing, merchandising, commercial integration, and digital and social activities.
WHAT YOU DO
- Actively position, coordinate & monitor Global Entertainment and ITV Studios Netherlands and its key executives in written press and at trade events (speakers, panels, etc.);
- Monitoring internal and industry developments to time and execute press releases;
- Managing Global PR Calendar;
- Develop PR and Communications plans for all key brands (formats) for global roll-out and protect its reputation pro actively;
- Handle all crisis communication for both GE and ITVS NL;
- Writing all English copy for Global Entertainment, including marketing copy;
- Preparing, writing and coordinating all (international) interviews for key executives;
- First point of contact for all national & international press;
- On-site PR at various TV markets;
- Connecting role between GE, ITVS NL & the Global Corporate PR team based in the U.K.;
- Manage and coordinate all internal communication for GE and ITVS NL.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Head of Comms you are a proactive, energetic self-starter with an eye for the bigger picture.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a similar job (pref Media);
- Ability to work effectively and maintain relationships at all levels, both inside and outside the organization;
- Have a good understanding of cultures in the different ITVS region;
- Knows how to interact with key stakeholders/Management;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (both written as in speech);
- International mindset;
- A good understanding of the media and entertainment landscape and the confidence to build relationships with the press;
- Experience in brand and crisis communication;
- Excellent copywriter;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Able to work proactively and independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work with broadcasters and platforms around the world.
- Interesting projects and new developments in your line of work
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary employment conditions
- A hybrid way of working
- Access to My (ITV) Academy (development)
- A work environment where everybody is respected and feels safe