(Senior) Legal & Business Affairs Manager
Heb je interesse in deze vacature?
Working at ITV Studios Global Entertainment as a (Senior) Legal & Business Affairs Manager, will truly feel like a whole new chapter in your career. Uncover these 5 reasons to join us in this exciting role:
- You will have the opportunity to set up a new legal capability within the Global Entertainment Legal & Business Affairs team. You will be running your own shop, negotiating with a variety of clients and stakeholders within interesting and varied legal structures
- Global Entertainment is the home of licensing for some of the most powerful formats in the world including the current number one entertainment brand, The Voice and its spin-offs. You will be at the heart of it all
- As a (Senior) Legal & Business Affairs Manager you will be our new specialist in legal guidance of ITV’s Gaming, Live events and Merchandising (GL&M)
- You work within our Legal & Business Affairs (LBA) team, the sharpest legal experts in the entertainment industry
- You will have global impact with a wide variety of international projects. Our strong presence in 13 countries allows us to quickly roll-out content across the globe. We operate in the UK, USA, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, Israel, Finland, Norway, Denmark & Sweden
“Never a dull moment, media infrastructure changes at a rapid pace.”
WHAT YOU DO
In the position of (Senior) Legal & Business Affairs Manager you will set up your own shop within the LBA team as you negotiate, draft and assess commercial contracts and partnerships for the GL&M commercial sales team. Your responsibilities:
- Independently drafting, assessing and negotiating commercial contracts, including licensing, collaboration and exploitation agreements, and general terms and conditions
- Drafting and supervising license contracts, deal memos and collaborative agreements all over the world, with a focus on the UK, for the format catalogue of ITV Studios
- Providing practical advice and support for GL&M exploitation, including online applications, with a focus on IP law, contracting law, privacy and media legislation
- Managing current contracts
- Managing contractual workflow within the GL&M department in the UK
- Coordinating between the GL&M commercial department and the legal department of Global Entertainment
WHO WE ARE
The GE LBA team provides legal expertise for global format full funnel exploitation in the entertainment industry, works in an international environment, and is a professional and fun team. As the new (Senior) Legal & Business Affairs Manager you will join our team of Senior Legal & Business Affairs Managers, a Head of Legal & Business Affairs, a Legal Assistant and Contract Coordinators, headed by a Director. We share a proactive and performance-oriented work-ethic while thriving under high work pressure. We support each other where necessary, in an open, informal and collegial atmosphere.
Global Entertainment, ITV Studios (GE) focuses on the international sale and exploitation of formats from the catalog of ITV Studios, Talpa, Armoza and Twofour. This includes The Voice and the spin-offs The Voice Kids and The Voice Senior (122 versions in 180 countries). Also the popular formats Love Island, Hell's Kitchen, I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here, The Four, The Chase and I Love Holland. GE is known for its expertise in managing shows that attract large audiences, have great global commercial potential, and monetize content through a variety of ways, including brand licensing, merchandising, commercial integration, and digital and social media activities.
WHO YOU ARE
As a (Senior) Legal & Business Affair Manager you are a proactive, energetic and commercial self- starter with an eye for detail and an interest in working in the media, gaming and events industry. You grasp the balance between legal and commercial interests intuitively and have a clear view of the bigger picture. You have:
- A Master’s degree in Dutch and/or English Law
- Around eight years of relevant work experience (preferably within the media)
- Full command of the Dutch and English languages in word and writing
- Deep knowledge of jurisprudence and legislation (contract law and IP law with a focus on copyright and media law)
- Knowledge of the sector is an emphatic advantage
- Experience with international commercial contracting is an advantage
- The willingness to travel regularly to the teams in UK
WHAT WE OFFER
Every GL&M deal is unique, every new format brings new opportunities and unique legal challenges. On top of this, we reward you with:
- A competitive salary
- Good secondary employment conditions
- Access to My Academy (development)
- A look behind the scenes
HOW YOU APPLY:
Push the “solliciteer nu” button below or send your resume and motivational letter to Moos Stafleu, firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of HR. We have a straightforward selection process with two or three conversations. First, an informal digital coffee with Wim Hoen, Head of Legal and Business Affairs. Second, a legal discussion with peers.
If you have questions feel free to contact email@example.com.